While online gambling is all about entertainment and possible cash prizes, some aspects aren’t as fun. One of those aspects is making payments. Regardless of how annoying, deposits are essential if you want to safely upload funds from your chosen iGaming site.
For those who prefer credit card payments, this is when Visa casino operators come into the picture. Online casinos that accept Visa guarantee instant deposits and utmost safety. Depending on the operator’s banking policies, such payments are typically free of charge. Visa online casino sites also support withdrawals through the method and generally have reasonable banking limits.
Hence, our experts will cover everything you need to know about casinos that work with this credit card in this guide. You’ll find a brief history of Visa, learn how to make Visa deposits, and more.
Are you on the hunt for the best online Visa casinos? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Our experts handpicked the top online casinos that accept Visa the industry has to offer. All the casinos on this list have stellar reputations, fantastic game menus, and are 100% secure.
$1,000 Bonus + 200 Free Spins
Read Lucky8 Casino Review
Visit Lucky8 Casino
18+ | Play responsibly |
$1,275 Bonus + 150 FS
Read Arlekin Casino Review
Visit Arlekin Casino
18+ | Play responsibly |
Jackpot Molly Casino
NZ$2,450 Bonus + 321 Free Spins
Read Jackpot Molly Casino Review
Visit Jackpot Molly Casino
18+ | Play responsibly |
$7,500 Bonus + 100 Free Spins
Read Dazard Casino Review
Visit Dazard Casino
18+ | Play responsibly |
Ducky Luck Casino
500% up to $2,500 + 150 FS
Read Ducky Luck Casino Review
Visit Ducky Luck Casino
18+ | Play responsibly |
€1.000 Bonus + 200 Free Spins
Read VegasKings Casino Review
Visit VegasKings Casino
18+ | Play responsibly |
€500 Bonus + 150 Free Spins
€5 Free (DE only)
Read WinFest Casino Review
Visit WinFest Casino
18+ | Play responsibly |
All about Visa for New Zealand players
Visa’s story dates back to 1958 when Bank of America released the first-ever customer credit card program – BankAmericard. This program targeted middle-class customers alongside small and medium-sized businesses across the United States. By 1974, Visa started to expand its operations internationally and launched the first Debit Card by 1975. In 1976, the brand got the name we know and recognize today – Visa.
The next important step in Visa’s journey occurred in 2007 when regional companies worldwide merged and formed Visa Inc. One later year the acquisition of Visa Europe took place. It was only in 2016 when Visa Inc and Visa Europe finally joined into a global market player.
Ever since the company has been successfully working and expanding, today, Visa is present in over 200 countries worldwide and offers various services. Visa is used for making purchases at stores, online, and via mobile devices. It has also become one of the most popular online gambling payment methods, and this is actually one of the reasons for the rise of Visa casino sites.
How to make deposits with Visa at New Zealand online Casino
Topping off your casino funds with Visa is a straightforward process that will only take a few seconds of your time. Since the payment is made electronically, the deposit is processed instantly. If this is your first time playing with a Visa casino operator, follow the steps below, and you’ll be done in no time!
- Pick a casino that accepts Visa from our list The logical first step here is to pick the site you want to play at. We advise you to choose a Visa online casino from the list above, as all these sites have gone through our extensive checks.
- Create an account Once you pick your casino of choice, you need to register. Simply load the casino’s website and find the ‘Sign Up’ button. Then, the operator will present you with a quick form you need to fill. It requires a few personal details, like your email, age, address, username, and password.
- Select Visa as Your Deposit Method Now that you’ve created your account, the Visa casino will redirect you to the payments page. You’ll then be presented with all the payment methods the operator offers. Depending on the casino, this might be a drop-down menu or a simple list. All you need to do is find the Visa logo and select it.
- Enter the card details and deposit amount Once you choose Visa as your preferred payment method, it’s time to add your card details. You’ll see a quick form that requires your credit card number, expiration date, and CVV. After the casino approves your card, simply type in the amount you wish to deposit.
- Confirm your payment and play After you enter the deposit amount, all you need to do is wait. It will take a few seconds for your transaction to be approved and the funds to show up in your balance. Once you confirm everything is in order, simply head to your game of choice and begin your Visa casino adventure.
Withdrawing Winnings from a Casino using Visa in New Zealand
When it comes to getting your winnings, withdrawing with Visa is just as simple as depositing. Start by heading to your casino’s cashier section. Once you load the cashier, simply mark Visa as your preferred withdrawal method. Then, please enter the amount you wish to withdraw and make sure it’s within the casino’s limits.
Now, depending on your casino, you might be asked to confirm your identity with a copy of your ID or a recent utility bill. This is standard procedure at both established and New Zealand new online casinos. Once the Visa casino approves your withdrawal, the funds should appear in your bank account in 3-5 business days.
Pro’s & Cons of using Visa Card at New Zealand online casinos?
Visa is one of the biggest payment providers in the world, both for gambling and other activities. Still, you should know all the details before you decide whether to gamble with your Visa card.
- Strong reputation for being a secure payment method.
- Accepted at most online casinos worldwide.
- Deposits are processed within seconds.
- Low or no fees.
- Withdrawals can take up to a few working days.
- Users must share their card details.
- Some Visa casinos don’t offer withdrawals through the card.
- Some banks don’t allow their cards to be used for gambling.
Types of Visa Cards New Zealand players can fund their casino account with
Whenever someone mentions Visa, the first thing to come to mind is the credit card. That makes sense as this is the most popular product of the brand. However, Visa offers a few other financial products with which gamblers can make casino deposits and withdrawals if the latter are supported. Below, let’s discover some of the ways one can make Visa casino payments.
- Visa Gift Cards Just like the name suggests, these are gift cards issued by Visa that you can use anywhere where Visa is accepted. One drawback here is that you typically can’t withdraw to Visa gift cards as they are a one-time thing. Other than that, they work just like a debit card.
- Virtual cards Visa virtual cards are just like standard cards, but they come in a virtual form only. It’s the 21st century, so it makes sense for customers to carry their virtual cards in a virtual wallet. A virtual card comes with a card number, a PIN and works just like a physical one.
- Debit cards When you see the brand’s logo at a Visa casino, you must ensure that the site accepts Visa Debit if that’s your choice. A debit card doesn’t let you spend more than you have on it. In the UK, for example, debit cards are the only option because credit card gambling is banned.
- Credit cards Credit cards are the most popular Visa product and the most used one too. Nearly all gambling sites accept Visa credit cards as these transfers are safe, fast, and secure. Plus, you can dip into your credit limit if your account is empty with credit card payments. We don’t recommend this step, though.
- Prepaid Cards You can use Visa Prepaid Cards everywhere that Visa Debit is accepted. The same applies to Visa casino sites too. Some prepaid cards by the brand are even reloadable, meaning you can add funds to them once you empty the card. These are easy to use and safe in case someone steals your card information.
Visa Transaction Times at New Zealand Online Casinos
If you want swift and seamless transactions, then Visa casino sites are the way to go. Like any other card payment, these transfers are completed within seconds, given that your details are correct. So, joining the casino site and making a deposit will take no more than several seconds. Plus, most of these Visa sites are also New Zealand minimum deposit casinos, meaning even low amounts will go through.
As for withdrawals at online casinos that accept Visa, these typically take 3-5 business days. However, there may be extra time needed if the casino has a withdrawal pending. Plus, some more waiting may be imposed from your bank.
Final Verdict for New Zealand gamblers
For thousands of online gamblers, Visa remains the perfect iGaming banking method. The reasons are apparent. This deposit option is fast, reliable, and secure. Plus, most people have a Visa card, meaning they don’t need to complete any complicated registration processes. Instead, they just make a standard cars payment, and that’s it. Plus, most Visa casino operators will let you automatically cash out to your card, making the experience that much smoother.
Sure, there are some drawbacks to using Visa, as well. Nothing is perfect, after all. Sometimes, there are processing fees you’ll have to cover. Other times, you’ll have to wait several days for your withdrawal to complete. The most serious issue for most players, however, remains the sharing of card details. Nevertheless, Visa is a trusted and reliable payment processor. So, as long as you stick to the reputable casino sites featured here, you have nothing to worry about.
Alternatives to Visa Casino Payment Options
New Zealand Casino payment providers can make or break your iGaming experience. Sometimes, you opt-in for fast options, and other times, you want free or anonymous solutions. In any case, it’s always good to know your alternatives when things don’t go as planned.
Visa payments are fast, often free of charge, and support cashouts. It makes sense that those who want to avoid using the card want something equally good or better. Well, below, we listed some excellent choices when it comes to handling your casino finances.
- E-Wallets E-wallets are the most convenient payment and withdrawal method for the average punter. Users get access to secure and easy transactions that only take seconds to process. They use state-of-the-art encryption software to ensure all your personal details remain safe. Some of the best e-wallet providers include PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, and EcoPayz.
- PayPal PayPal is the number-one e-wallet provider in the world and very popular in the iGaming industry. It provides users with secure, fast, and easy transactions. PayPal has been around for over 20 years and has an excellent reputation for being safe and secure. It’s effortless to set up and can be a great buffer between you and the casino.
- PaysafeCard Paysafe has been the leading provider of prepaid cards for over 20 years. These cards range between €10 and €100 and come with a 16-digit pin which serves as your payment information. Since the transaction is anonymous, players are completely protected and can expect the deposit to go through within seconds. Note that Paysafe withdrawals aren’t possible at most operators.
- Bitcoin Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency in 2022. It provides users with lightning-fast and straightforward transactions. It’s also among the safest payment methods since it’s completely anonymous, and your personal details aren’t exposed anywhere. Though crypto isn’t accepted as a mainstream payment method yet, it’s still supported at many New Zealand high-quality casinos.
Visa Online Casinos FAQ
Is Visa allowed at New Zealand online casinos?
Yes, you can use Visa as your preferred banking method at Visa casino sites. Luckily, Visa is an industry-leading payment provider, and most online casinos support it. Moreover, the company allows consumers to use their Visa cards for online gambling at licensed and regulated sites. So, you can rest assured that gambling with Visa is entirely legal.
Are there any Transaction fees using Visa?
Most of the time, you shouldn’t face any charges when depositing with your Visa card. That being said, your bank might charge a fee for processing your transaction. Make sure to read your card’s terms and conditions to know all the rules. If there are fees, expect to cover 2.5% of the transaction.
Can New Zealand players withdraw their winnings with Visa?
Yes, Visa allows players to cash out their winnings with their cards. However, it’s ultimately up to the casino you’re playing at whether they support Visa withdrawals. Make sure to check with your Visa casino operator, so you don’t have any troubles later on.
Can I use Visa at New Zealand mobile casinos?
Yes, you can gamble on the go and pay with your Visa card! However, the casino you’re playing at must be mobile optimized for this to work. We recommend you pick a site from our list, as they’re all completely ready for mobile play. Since they all use state-of-the-art software for their mobile platforms, you won’t notice any difference between paying on your phone or computer.
Is Visa safe for online gambling in New Zealand?
Yes, paying with Visa when you’re gambling online is 100% safe and secure! The company uses the latest encryption and security technologies to ensure the transaction and your payment details are completely safe. Yet, you should always make sure to play at a reputable and trustworthy casino to avoid any unwanted issues.
What is the best New Zealand Visa online casino?
Many excellent online casinos support Visa as a payment method, so choosing only one Visa casino is impossible. However, the list above holds all the best online casinos that accept Visa in 2022. Our experts thoroughly researched and tested each site, so we can confidently vouch for their safety.
Do all New Zealand online casinos work with Visa?
Most online gambling sites are Visa casino sites as this is a popular and widespread payment method. However, some operators work exclusively with cryptocurrency or other options like Trustly or Skrill. To check whether your chosen online casino works with Visa, just go to the site’s footer look for the Visa logo.